Thursday, April 2, 2009

RSV...No more for Me

Rori started to get a fever on Sunday afternoon. She has had a fever everyday since then. Yesterday I finally took her to the doctor because she was getting worse and I thought it could be more than just a virus. It is the dreaded RSV virus that can make infants really sick and it is really contagious. It can put infants in the hospital with pneumonia and dehydration. We are lucky that it wasn't worse and mostly it is just hard for her because she is so stuffy and uncomfortable. The doctor wanted her be have some breathing treatments since her oxygen levels were a little low. This is her first time she hated it(I don't blame her). She has had a few more treatments since then and does much better and seems to be getting better and hasn't had a fever yet today.  Poor little Rori. 







6 comments:

Erin said...

Why didn't you call me?????? Jerk! My poor little Rorikins!

Wendy said...

Poor thing!! I hope she is feeling better!

Claudia said...

Oh Rorisita! We love you and hope you feel better soon!

Meg said...

Oh no! I am so so sorry. I hope she gets better soon. How long is it contagious? Can we still visit you this weekend or are you quarantine?

Megan and Mike said...

sad! poor little rory!

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

I am so sorry. Brody had Viral Bronchitis and had to do the inhaler business and it was pointless. He would get so mad that he wouldn't breathe until that mask was off. It was far more torture for me than him.