Monday, May 3, 2010

More of Sarah








Sarah was the easiest labor ever. I had been having contractions all day but were about 10 minuets apart and not strong. My neighbor went on a walk with me and they did get closer together but would go back to 10 minutes apart once we stopped. Once Mike got home and my sister came over to watch the kids we headed off to the hospital at just before 4pm.
When we got to the hospital they checked to see if I had changed from my last doctors visit. I hadn't changed but they were going to keep me for an hour to see if I would progress. After an hour I had progressed a little but they wanted to check me again in another hour since they weren't sure if I was really in labor. We decided to leave and get something to eat but half way to the car my water broke. That was about 5:40 pm. I headed back in and got admitted. By about 7 pm I had my epidural and they checked me again at about 7:30. I was dilated to a 7. At 7:45 I was ready to go and she was born at 8 pm. It was the fastest labor ever! I was wonderful.
Sarah is the sweetest little girl and we are so happy to have her in our home. Mikey loves to hold her and whisper little things to her. Rori loves to kiss her and touch her.

4 comments:

Meg said...

So cute! I love the story. I love that your water broke half way to the car. Like, just kidding, you aren't going anywhere!
You look great. . .waaaaay too great to have just given birth.

I am so glad it was an easy labor and that Mama and baby are doing well. What a sweet little thing.

Congratulations! a mother of 3! That is certainly cause for celebration!

Wendy said...

Wow! That is awesome! Congratulations! Your kids are sooo stinking cute!

Clayton and Hailey said...

She is so sweet Beth! Congratulations!

Erin said...

You really do look fantastic! What a difference between this pregnancy and labor from the last. I still keep thinking of the pictures of you from the first time and how miserable you looked from the pain, and to this time where you went in with a smile and came out with a smile. I love yer guts! You are the Chuck Norris of moms!