Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wisconsin Fun

We had so much fun in Wisconsin. Mike and I packed our car and decided to make the 26 hour drive with the kids. We decided to we would go as far as we could until the kids cracked. The kids didn't crack so we drove straight through the night. We had so much fun visiting with Grandma and Grandpa.


Rori got reacquainted with Claire.

Mikey spent time with grandpa.....his buddy. Mikey even helped grandpa fill the bird feeder. He loved it.
We took the kids to the N.E.W. Zoo. The animals were great and the kids loved it. The mountain lion really loved Rori. He was ready to pounce at the kids. It was the first time I was ever scared at the zoo. I never saw an animal look like it wanted to kill something else, let alone my child, so bad.

We took the kids to Door County hoping we could go to the beach and swim. Unfortunately the weather was quite cool (probably in the 60's) so we just walked around Cave Point instead of swimming. (We also went to the Milwaukee County Museum but my pictures didn't really turn out.)

4 comments:

Erin said...

I wish we could all go back and do that again. That sure was a fun week!

Becky said...

how fun!!! We're going at the end of the month and I can't wait!! :)

Meg said...

Cute cute. Your family is cute. It looks like you had a great time at home during summer. I love the one of Rori kissing Claire, so darling.

Bleak's said...

Rori is getting big and cute as ever! How are you guys? I can't believe you did a 26 hour drive. I thought our 19 hour drive was HORRIBLE! Are you still at home and is Mike teaching? Lil' Mikey has the cutest smiles. I love them!