Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Michael!




Today Michael turned 2. I can't believe that 2 years ago I was blessed to have such a sweet little boy come into my life. We have had a lot of fun over the past 2 years. Today we had a little party. I made a Mickey Mouse cake that looked a little funny but Mikey knew who it was so that is all that really counts. Right? (It was my first attempt at any type of fancy cake.) Mikey got a lot of nice things from his grandparents, Erin, and of course his mom and dad. The hits of the evening were his lawn mower, vacuum, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse toy.( We actually let him open the vacuum yesterday cause I couldn't wait any longer since I had got him the gift 2 months ago and so he would have a new toy to play with during conference.)

He loved his cards.
He wasn't so happy I made him sit for the picture. He wanted to be playing with the lawn mower.

Here is the cake.
Happy Birthday Mikey!!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

How cute!! And I'm impressed with that cake!! When you said it was your 1st attempt I didn't expect it to look so professional!
You have cute kids! :)

Claudia said...

I'm glad he liked his card...I sooo wish that I could've been there. I love that he was crying in the picture with all of his presents--classic! Nice job with the cake!

Meg said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday. What a cute boy. I can't believe it has been two years. What a great cake. Lily just got an elmo toy (that she already owned) stuck on the top of a regular cake. Lame, I know.

Your kids are so cute. I can't wait to see them now that I live close. I will have to make a trip south soon. It is freezing up here.