Monday, September 1, 2008

Ode to Mikey


I was reading my friend Megan's blog and noticed she put some things that her daughter Lily says and what they translate to since she hadn't written them in her baby book. I too do not write what I should in Mikey's baby book. I really enjoyed reading it and am going to do the same as well as write some if his likes dislikes. (Michael will be 23 months old on the 5th.)


me nats= fruit snacks

no my= he says this when he wants something or isn't getting his way

joey= our pet cat or sometimes a picture of a cat

E= Erin

Danden= his cousin Camden

medicine= his vitamin

fan off= he wants the fan on

uh oh= self explanatory

more pees= more please

orange=his favorite color to say and he usually gets it right

Mikey diaper= his diaper

Mickey diaper=his new diapers with Mickey Mouse on it

Elmo diaper= Rori's diaper with a picture of Elmo on it

hold you= hold me

bacuum=vacuum

bye bye bubbles=what he says when the water is draining out of the tub

all better=please kiss where it hurts

Nemo finger= I need a band aid (he has Finding Nemo band aids)

Mikey's car= our Mazda 6 (the one he rides in)

Daddy's car= our Mazda protege

back-e-oh= back and forth= rocking chair

hold her= hold Rori

mote= tv remote

too tight= his new favorite thing to say when we strap him in his car seat, or put his diaper

on, or put his church shoes on


He loves Mickey Mouse. We watch the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show a lot. He will dance and try to sing to the Hot Dog song at the end of the show. It is so sweet. He loves the vacuum and will kiss it. He loves joey and lays on her often. He loves cars and will just look out the window as they drive past. He loves to peep out the window through the blinds. He loves to repeat what Mike and I say. He now will repeat night time prayers. If he hears me call for Mike he will call his dad "Mike" for the next little while. This drives Mike crazy. He loves to pretend he is talking on the phone and will use just about anything as his phone like the computer mouse. He wants to be outside all the time. It I don't let him or we have to come in before he is ready he will pound both hand on the door or wall and then throw himself the the ground and cry in protest. He hates getting his diaper changed and would go in the same nasty diaper if I would let him. He cries when I change it...what I feel like doing when I change it.

These are just some of the things he says and does in our day to day life. Thank you Michael for bringing that much more joy to my life everyday.

6 comments:

Meg said...

So cute! I love it. What a funny boy. I wish we lived closer so we could see our little toddlers together. I am sure they would crack us up twice as much together.

Becky said...

What a great idea! I'm going to get Ben's baby book now....... :)

Claudia said...

Funny! And what makes it funnier is that I've heard him say most of the things on your list, so I can hear his cute voice in my head.

Erin said...

Luv it! Luv him! Luv you!

Megan and Mike said...

thats halarious.... he must get it from me... his fav cousin/aunt? hahaha your kids are very cute

Bleak's said...

Very cute! Both your kids are dolls! And I love the picture of them holding hands!