This year Mike and I decided to try and plant some veggies. We live in a townhouse and don't have a yard, but we do have a patio so we tried to plant in pots. We were experimenting with only two varieties of produce...tomatoes and squash. I thought it would be easy. I wouldn't have to weed and just have to water. I dreamed of BLT sandwiches and salsa made with fresh home grown tomatoes. Well I have come to the conclusion that I would die if I would have live off what I can grow because all we got was one little tomato. Who can't grow tomatoes? Usually you get so many that people beg you to take some off their hands. Not us. Just one. One tomato. Not even a squash grew. And to make things worse Mikey was so excited we finally go to pick the tomato he carried it around for a minuet and then squished it. We didn't even get to enjoy it. Well at least we got a picture. We may try again next year....we'll see.
Notice the small size.



5 comments:
Ohhh Beth. This post is so funny. At least you tried, right? Mikey looks so proud holding that little Mikey-sized tomato!
You should've had Mikey hold it in two hands, ala Twilight!
Grandpa Barney said we don't get enough sun back there...and you guys might even get more shade than we did because of the other building behind us.
I was at your house when you picked it. And when Mikey squashed it. All I heard from the kitchen was "Oh! Mikeyyy! It's nice to know what your train of thinking was on this day. Funny story. "One tomato. One." Hehe.
Hey Beth, it was so fun to see Erin in SLC. She said she LOVES being around your family and kids. You guys are solucky to be around each other! Anyway, your Mom gave my mom some updates.....:) Hope you guys are doing great! rori is so big!
Post a Comment