Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Fastback

Mike traded his VW 54 Oval Bug for a VW 67 Type 3 Fastback. He is thrilled. Mike came to the realization that we wouldn't have money to finish his bug (that was in pieces due to his restoration efforts) for a few years and wanted something that he could drive right away. He traded for a Fastback (which he had in high school). The car has a good engine and drives really well. It still has enough to do to restore it so that he still has a project but it won't cost nearly as much to finish it. It was sad to see the Bug go.....I mean who doesn't like a Bug???? At least he has something he can use now.
Here he is with his "Don't Tread on Me" flag.

This was Mike's Bug. Like I said it was in lots of pieces.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Too bad about the 54 - it would have been such a cool car and Mike was so excited about it. But at the same time, there aren't many fastbacks driving around. It's also a cool car and will be great when it is fully restored. Will he repaint it? The kids looked soooo cute in the back seat!

Jenny said...

No wonder Whit was talking about Mike driving this car...I was confused about what he was talking about.

Hey, leave at comment on Jessica's blog to invite me. jeffjennybarney@yahoo.com

Claudia said...

Wow...I had no idea that the bug was in so many pieces!! Looked like it was going to be quite the project! But the fast back is a sweet ride--glad Mike is happy with the trade. Wouldn't it be cool if it is around long enough for Mikey to drive it in high school? Especially since he already thinks it's his car?

Erin said...

What's the story behind the flag?

Hailey said...

bittersweet.. But I love the flag and I want one too